|Faceup commission slots currently open! NOTE: There is a queue at the moment; please ask me for details and about getting into it!
Small 2016 update - we're venturing into small internal head mods - for now we're just opening it up to minor neck widening for fit (as in the case of Mini Fee Soony's release issue), but other jobs may be considerable down the line (not quite eye-opening or ear-sanding yet, but bear with me)!
As of 7/2015: - To the 10-head and 20-head clubs I'm now adding the 30-head club incentive! For people who've ordered 10 or more faceups from me, I offer a *free redo* of a faceup I've previously done for them. For people who've ordered 20 or more faceups from me, a free faceup (redo or brand new head)! For 30 or more faceups, I'm offering either another free faceup or a $50 credit for anything on this site (including ship costs, etc.)! Just contact me if interested!
More 10, 20 and 30 head club information (including substitutions) to be found in the question-answering section below!
Also, I've been a bit sentimental so far, but I'm going to keep removing some older entries that don't reflect my current skill level from the faceup gallery, as it gets larger, so that I can keep my portfolio more streamlined and up to date. I hope to keep adding more and more!
I still don't have steady enough access to coating materials to offer full body blushing at this time, but partial body blushing (torso only, arms only, etc) can be discussed.
Faceup base price (Large, Mini, Tiny sized resin Ball-Joint Doll), head only, including previous faceup removal, UV-cut coating AND eyelashes/eyelash attachment - $85
($10 discount for open eyed/sleeping heads getting matching faceups, or $5 per head for three or more matching heads)
($5 discount for Fairyland pukipuki faceplates only)
Paintover faceup/touchup (without erasing previous faceup; includes reapplication of lashes if possible or new lashes) - $45
(For very slight changes, a lower price can be discussed. Please note: I cannot erase portions of blushing or repair blush holes, I must either go over it without erasing or wipe the whole thing.)
Painted eyeballs (for dolls without separate eyes): $15 per eye (tentative introductory price)
Color adjusting to match to off-shade body (for head getting faceup; price for other parts varies. Part to match must be provided; this is only for slight tinting) - $10
Painted/blushed facial hair (beard/moustache) - $5+ (increases based on complexity; very simple facial hair may be included in base price)
Face or body part tattoo painting/jewel application - $5+ (increases based on complexity; I can provide some types of jewels)
Blushing/manicure/coating of hands/feet, including wiping of previous blushing and MSC UV-cut (all sizes) - $30 per pair, or $16 for single hand/foot
Nail color only on hands/feet, not coated - $5 per pair (solid color)
Blushing of other body parts (torso/nipples, etc.) - variable, minimum $5 per piece for spraying (not currently offering full body blushing)
Small-scale sanding (reduction of etchings, slight subtractive mods) - $5+ (increases based on required labor/complexity, not possible on certain resins such as tan skin)
Ear piercing (please read relevant info below) - $5 per hole
Unstringing/restring parts - $5+ (please note, I am not a tension expert)
Removal of hot-glue from eyes - $5
To Apply: send an email to Akiko (valraven at hotmail dot com). I can also be messaged on the Den of Angels boards as Tsuminaki, though email is preferred. Please include your name, type/name of doll, the services you want and any personal preferences you have for them. I will get back to you with availability and price quote, and we can discuss details and mailing.
Examples (Click for closeups):
(These are just a few examples; please check the gallery for the fuller portfolio of faceup work.)
More examples available in the faceup gallery!
Faceup info - Please read before applying!
- I like to finish faceups quickly once I start on them, and will look for free hours to do them entirely in few sittings, if I can. Turnaround on my faceups is roughly is 1-2 weeks from starting the head to finishing. Within a week after that you should receive your head back (barring slow shipping). Factors that will affect this turnaround include stopping to photograph unfinished heads for updates, late payment, rain/weather problems and the like. Generally I do not send in-progress pics, but I will send pics when I can if someone's got a very specific request they're worried about, if I have a question or problem or if otherwise necessary; it just may take time to coordinate and this must be kept in mind.
- You choose your method of shipping and packaging when you send the head. I will use the same method or closest to it, and the same box if possible, to send the head back (Please pack heads so package has no moving parts). The cost of shipping is to be added on to your initial quote, and can be as inexpensive as you feel comfortable with. If you are ordering only a head from a store, you may have it shipped to me instead of your home to save time and money. You may still choose the method I use to send it to you, if it is different from that which the store uses. If nothing will be added to the package weight/size upon return, you may also pre-purchase and include a return shipping label for me if you like instead of adding the cost to the payment (it's awesome when people do this!).
- Please refrain from asking me to do faceups on recasts, and please do not send me recasts to paint under the guise of legitimate heads. I ask for your understanding and respect on this.
- I only accept Paypal and concealed cash; preferably Paypal. I will not begin work before I receive payment. If you change your mind after your head has already been sent to me but before I begin work, I require the full shipping cost to return it, as well as a $5 fee for my time and transportation to the post office.
- All faceups are coated fore and aft, and between stages, with Mr. Super Clear and/or Zoukeimura finishing spray (both UV-cut flat), and will not be completed unless coating is in stock (I try to keep an adequate surplus).
- Faces are Painted/blushed with high quality acrylics, gouache, watercolor pencil, pastels, shimmer powders and glosses, and work is always done in a smoke-free environment. I will pack heads securely and carefully for the trip back (but I do not provide face covers, please include these if you want them used).
- Any information you can give me as to what you want is greatly appreciated, including directions, color suggestions, moods, themes and pictures. Be as specific as you like. I will not copy a drawing (for a faceup or a tattoo) verbatim if it's from an artist who forbids this manner of use; commissioner is responsible for making sure this is so. Nor will I duplicate an existing faceup photo from a company or another artist, but I can go for similar moods/palettes/etc.
- Ears are pierced with a pin vise with a 1/16", 3/64" or 1/32" bit, and light sanding where applicable. Often, heads are sculpted with a degree of asymmetry; because of this, some holes may not line up exactly in every way, by natural consequence, though I will do the best I can.
- If you request them and do not send your own, eyelashes (purchased myself from various sources) will be chosen from my collection according to what best compliments a faceup. If you want a specific kind, just ask and I'll let you know what I have.
- If you are sending a sprcific body part to work on, please do not send strung parts/unrelated parts. I will charge a minimum of $5 for unstringing and restringing parts.
- I would prefer it (but it is not required) if you include eyes and a wig with your head, so I can try to work with their colors and for portfolio shots after completion.
- *NEW* About the 10-head, 20-head and 30-head club: Ordering 10 faceups from me gets you a free redo of a head previously painted by me, whether you want a new look for your character or something's been smudged or scratched or whatever. I thought I'd offer this because of the likelihood that my more long term clients have been with me through different levels of skill progression on my part, so I thought this might be a unique way to thank them for sticking with me and perhaps freshen up an older head. :) This offer does not count for tattoo commissions, sorry. But, a singular tattoo commission of $85 or higher does count as a faceup for purposes of the count! Dual faceups on open-eyed and sleeping heads do count as two faceups. Please be honorable and use this offer for a head you currently plan to keep, not to add value to a head sale.
Ordering 20 faceups from me (not including the free redo faceup) gets you a free faceup for any head, either a redo or a totally new faceup! All I ask is, as with the 10-head redo, please don't abuse my offer and get the faceup solely to add value to parts you have definite plans to sell.
Ordering 30 faceups from me (not including any previous freebies) gets you a free faceup for any head (redo or new) *OR* a $50 credit for anything on the Vitta-Vera site (including clothes, wigs, eyes, shipping, sketches, tattoo work, credit towards dolls I'm selling, anything short of actual cash).
With 10-head, 20-head and 30-head club freebies, the freebie is for one head only. Lashes and wiping are included, extra tattoo work (including painted eyeballs), hands and such are not included (although you can trade your 10-head freebie for a free basic blushing/nail job for a pair of hands or feet (can be new ones), or you can trade the 20 or 30 head freebies for a free blush job on *2* pairs of hands or feet). Buyer pays all shipping expenses (since the payments are for exact shipping only, Paypal fees must be covered), unless you're purchasing something with your 30-head $50 credit and the credit is sufficient to cover shipping. I will need to work the freebies in with my paid work, so they must be queued up and may take a while for me to get to (all this can be discussed). Any questions about these offers, just ask!
- Please refer to the faq for other questions you may have about faceups, or email me if the answer is not there.